Scarlett Johansson Divorce Statement: I Won’t Talk About Custody Battle
Scarlett Johansson released a statement on Wednesday, addressing her divorce and a brewing custody battle. See below.
As Gossip Cop reported, Johansson’s split from Romain Dauriac was confirmed in late January. One day later, HollywoodLife falsely claimed Johansson and Dauriac were still together. Gossip Cop correctly busted the story, and the actress filed for divorce this week.
In her petition, Johansson seeks primary residential custody of daughter Rose, which Dauriac plans to fight. His attorney says he intends to ask for primary custody and reside with the 2-year-old in France. The lawyer is asserting Dauriac can provide a more stable lifestyle than Johansson, who frequently travels for work.
Now Johansson is responding, albeit a bit vaguely. “As a devoted mother and private person and with complete awareness that my daughter will one day be old enough to read the news about herself, I would only like to say that I will never, ever be commenting on the dissolution of my marriage,” she says in a statement furnished to Gossip Cop.
She adds, “Out of respect for my desires as a parent and out of respect for all working moms, it is with kindness that I ask other parties involved and the media to do the same. Thank you.” As Gossip Cop reported, this will be Johansson’s second divorce. She was previously married to Ryan Reynolds, who is now wed to Blake Lively.