Scarlett Johansson Set to Make $20 MILLION for The Avengers 2?
1:20 pm, July 10th, 2012
Is Scarlett Johansson set to make $20 MILLION for a sequel to The Avengers?
That’s what outlets worldwide are reporting after The Sun claimed the actress was offered a record-breaking deal to reprise her Black Widow character for The Avengers 2.
The purported fee would supposedly surpass Angelina Jolie’s payday for The Tourist and make Johansson Hollywood’s “best-paid actress.”
According to the newspaper’s source, producers made the gargantuan offer because they “think that as the only lead woman in the film male fans have found her a key ingredient — both for sex and story appeal.”
The Sun source explains, “This says, ‘We value you.’ Everyone is confident she’ll sign and be ready for 2013 filming.”
There’s just one problem.
None of it is true.
A rep for Johansson tells Gossip Cop there have been no salary discussions whatsoever regarding The Avengers 2.
There’s not even a formal production timetable for an eventual sequel.
Even though The Avengers is now the third-highest grossing film in history, meaning the entire ensemble can probably expect to make nice sums for a new outing, all figures being tossed around by outlets at the moment are baseless speculation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted