Busted! Time Mag Also Falls for Phony Sarah Palin Comments on Aguilera
5:25 pm, February 10th, 2011
As Gossip Cop reported yesterday, after a satirical site wrote an article in which the former Alaska governor blasts Aguilera’s bungled national anthem performance during a supposed “radio interview” with Sean Hannity, Us Weekly ran the fabricated remarks as authentic.
Among other outlandish comments, “Palin” says in the spoof interview she wants to “deport” Aguilera and declares that “spicy Latin princesses” shouldn’t be permitted to perform the “Star-Spangled Banner.”
The original, clearly labeled satire can be found here.
Us Weekly eventually yanked its story and today printed a retraction and apology.
But it turns out Us Weekly wasn’t alone.
Time magazine’s website made the same mistake.
Sure enough, Time links to the spoof Palin-Hannity “interview” but fails to get that it’s a joke.
Maybe the next time Time makes fun of someone else’s “blunder” in a headline, they should be a little more careful with the facts.
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
17 hours after Gossip Cop posted this story, Time sent us a statement claiming the “story was intended as satire…. we regret any confusion.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties