Sarah Jessica Parker Calls Carrie Diaries “Odd,” Says SATC Paved Way For Girls
10:08 am, March 10th, 2013
Sarah Jessica Parker is not completely sold on “The Carrie Diaries,” the prequel series to “Sex and the City” exploring the 1980s adolescence of her iconic character Carrie Bradshaw.
Asked about the new take on the material, Parker tells Net-A-Porter, “I’m not sure… You know, I think it’s one of those tests of your generosity. She [AnnaSophia Robb, who plays Bradshaw] is a lovely girl and I want her to feel good about it, but it’s… odd.”
Meanwhile, Parker believes “Sex and the City” helped pave the way for another series about young women coping with life and love in New York.
“HBO was very encouraging of the beyond-camera role I played, and I feel that had we not done it, I don’t know that would have existed for Girls,” explains the actress. “It’s such a different way of thinking and it’s not conventional.”
Parker continues, “I also think [Lena Dunham] came along understanding her voice and with the support of a producing partner [Judd Apatow] experienced enough to say she is capable of this, she needs to be in charge of the story as it’s her voice. I do feel Sex and the City’s success made that possible, and it would have been different otherwise.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails