Sarah Ferguson: Kate Middleton Topless Pictures Scandal is “Despicable”
2:58 pm, September 17th, 2012
Fergie, who was dogged by paparazzi during her marriage to Prince William’s uncle Prince Andrew, and was caught in a nude photo scandal of her own back in the early 1990s, expressed sympathy for the Duchess of Cambridge.
“I have total empathy and sympathy for her. I have been there and know what it’s like,” Fergie told the Daily Mail, alluding to the 1992 photos of her sunbathing topless with another man while still legally wed to the Prince.
She went on, “Everyone is entitled to privacy. It is a devastating invasion of one’s personal inner space. It is deplorable, abhorrent and despicable.”
“She is a beautiful young woman doing a great job for the country,” Fergie added. “Why should she be stripped of that moment with her husband?”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, lawyers for Middleton and Prince William are actively trying to get an injunction against further publication of the photos, and are filing a criminal complaint against the photographer responsible.
What do you think of Fergie’s comments on the situation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- 16 Cute Celebrity Pics from Childhood
- Seriously Gorgeous Shots From Your Fave ANTM Alum