Sandra Bullock Helps to Open New Orleans School Clinic
6:41 pm, August 29th, 2010
Five years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, Sandra Bullock helped to open an on-campus health clinic at the local high school she had made her cause.
The Oscar-winning actress joined politicians at Warren Easton Charter High School to cut the ribbon on a facility that will provide everything from flu shots to emergency care.
“We’re here to celebrate an anniversary and though that might be hard for some, I choose to emphasize the word ‘celebrate,’” Bullock told the crowd.
“Sometimes tragedies bring out the very best in people and it’s one of the reasons why we stand in this school of excellence today,” she continued.
Bullock has already donated money to the school for renovations, scholarships and supplies including band uniforms.
Easton, the oldest public high school in New Orleans, will now have a $700,000 medical and dental clinic courtesy of the star and grants from The Kellogg Foundation and The San Francisco 49ers Foundation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"