Sandra Bullock Helps to Open New Orleans School Clinic
6:41 pm, August 29th, 2010
Five years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, Sandra Bullock helped to open an on-campus health clinic at the local high school she had made her cause.
The Oscar-winning actress joined politicians at Warren Easton Charter High School to cut the ribbon on a facility that will provide everything from flu shots to emergency care.
“We’re here to celebrate an anniversary and though that might be hard for some, I choose to emphasize the word ‘celebrate,’” Bullock told the crowd.
“Sometimes tragedies bring out the very best in people and it’s one of the reasons why we stand in this school of excellence today,” she continued.
Bullock has already donated money to the school for renovations, scholarships and supplies including band uniforms.
Easton, the oldest public high school in New Orleans, will now have a $700,000 medical and dental clinic courtesy of the star and grants from The Kellogg Foundation and The San Francisco 49ers Foundation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Tina Fey's Style Transformation
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever