Samuel L. Jackson Slams New York Times Critic for Negative Avengers Review
8:26 pm, May 3rd, 2012
Jackson, who plays Nick Fury in the Marvel Comics adaptation opening Friday, took issue with A.O. Scott‘s article, which criticized “the overblown, skull-assaulting action sequences,” among other aspects.
Scott, who wrote that the movie is “hardly worth raging about, [and] its failures are significant and dispiriting,” also described Jackson’s acting as “more master of ceremonies than mission commander.”
Jackson, unsurprisingly, was none too pleased.
“#Avengers fans,NY Times critic AO Scott needs a new job! Let’s help him find one! One he can ACTUALLY do!” the actor wrote on Twitter.
When Jackson got some push-back from followers, one of which accused him of being “irrational,” he insisted he was only sharing his “opinion.”
“What’s irrational about it?” he wrote, adding, “They aren’t going to fire his jaundiced ass & You & I Know It!”
Scott issued a response via statement, saying he didn’t think Jackson was seriously campaigning for his firing, and acknowledging that “actors and filmmakers sometimes respond angrily to negative reviews.”
“I can’t say I blame them,” Scott told E! News, adding that “rallying ‘fans’ against skeptical critics is a time-honored tactic, and I don’t take it personally.”
What do you think of Jackson’s comments and Scott’s response?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage