Sammi Kane Kraft, Bad News Bears Star, Dies in Car Crash at Age 20
10:13 am, October 11th, 2012
Sammi Kane Kraft, a talented baseball player who starred in the 2005 Bad News Bears remake, was killed in a car accident on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
She was 20 years old.
Kraft was riding in the passenger seat of an Audi when the car was rear-ended by a big-rig and then struck by another vehicle, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The 21-year-old driver of the Audi was speeding and was later arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.
She was treated for minor injuries.
Kraft got her big Hollywood break after being discovered on a baseball diamond in L.A.
She played the role of Amanda Whurlitzer, the only female on a team of boys, in the Bad News Bears remake alongside Billy Bob Thornton, Greg Kinnear and Marcia Gay Harden.
The part was portrayed by Tatum O’Neal in the original 1976 film.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 5 Celebrity Hairstyles Real Men Dig
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Chris Pine: Single and Ready to Mingle?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 9 Random Celeb Beauty Lines You've Never Heard Of