Sammi Kane Kraft, Bad News Bears Star, Dies in Car Crash at Age 20
10:13 am, October 11th, 2012
Sammi Kane Kraft, a talented baseball player who starred in the 2005 Bad News Bears remake, was killed in a car accident on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
She was 20 years old.
Kraft was riding in the passenger seat of an Audi when the car was rear-ended by a big-rig and then struck by another vehicle, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The 21-year-old driver of the Audi was speeding and was later arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.
She was treated for minor injuries.
Kraft got her big Hollywood break after being discovered on a baseball diamond in L.A.
She played the role of Amanda Whurlitzer, the only female on a team of boys, in the Bad News Bears remake alongside Billy Bob Thornton, Greg Kinnear and Marcia Gay Harden.
The part was portrayed by Tatum O’Neal in the original 1976 film.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank