Salma Hayek to Be Knighted in France
5:23 pm, January 2nd, 2012
Salma Hayek is an actress, mother, wife – and soon-to-be knight.
The movie star was chosen Sunday to join France’s Légion d’Honneur (Legion of Honor) by President Nicolas Sarkozy.
She will have the rank of Chevalier (or Knight).
Hayek will be formally inducted in the next few months by Sarkozy, who will bestow the honor with a medal pin.
This isn’t the first time the centuries-old merit award, for service to France, will go to a Hollywood star.
Hayek is married to French businessman François-Henri Pinault.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!