Saint West Birthday: Gossip Cop Blows Out 5 Rumors In Honor Of Kim Kardashian And Kanye West’s Son Turning 1
Happy birthday, Saint West! Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s son turns 1 year old on Monday. Though he’s still just a tot, the adorable boy has already been the subject of a number of false stories. Gossip Cop is looking back at five rumors we exclusively “blew out” about one of the world’s most famous babies.
1. Less than two weeks after Saint’s birth, RadarOnline claimed big sister North West was “throwing tantrums” due to her sibling’s arrival. The webloid even said Kardashian and West didn’t know how to handle the situation, and had hired a family therapist. In actuality, North was going through fairly typical growing pains that come not just with getting a baby brother, but also being in the throes of the terrible twos. Gossip Cop was told that the toddler was adjusting to the new dynamic, and her parents weren’t concerned about her very normal behavior.
2. In May, RadarOnline struck again with a story alleging Kris Jenner was “warning” West about “spoiling” his baby boy. Though Saint was only 5 months old at the time, the site actually contended that he was “becoming a spoiled brat.” It was further said that the Kardashian-Jenner matriarch was a “meddling mom-in-law.” But it was Radar that was “meddling” with its untrue claims. Gossip Cop was assured that Jenner was not questioning West’s “fathering skills.”
3. A particularly offensive article came from MediaTakeOut in June, with the bad blog accusing Kardashian and West of “hiding” Saint because he’s “very brown.” It was ridiculously asserted that the couple was keeping the infant out of the spotlight because of his “very deep brown complexion,” and MTO wondered why they hadn’t issued a “formal explanation.” Kardashian and West, however, didn’t owe MediaFakeOut any such “explanation,” and their actions had nothing to do with Saint’s skin color. Given that he was just 6 months old, they largely favored keeping Saint out of the media’s harsh glare. And this is an example why.
4. The following month, RadarOnline claimed Kardashian was using Saint to boost ratings for “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” It was said the reality star was “pushing him into the spotlight to help save her show” just because Kardashian brought him along on a family day trip to San Diego to see her grandma MJ. There was absolutely no legitimate connection, though, between the outing and viewers tuning into “KUWTK.” The tale also showed how there’s no way to win, as there’s criticism when Saint is “hiding” at home and criticism when he’s taken out.
5. And then there was an August post from RadarOnline about Saint inspiring “the fight that could end their marriage.” Kardashian and West were supposedly arguing about bringing their little one out in public. West was said to be against “exposing Saint to the media,” and “livid” that Kardashian did it anyway. The online publication failed to mention that West himself carried Saint in front of paparazzi during a vacation in Cuba earlier this year, and wrongly said that he had “until now been hidden from the public.” The purported Kimye dispute was a lie, too.
Of course, it’s quite disturbing that the tabloid media uses a child as the basis for fabricated articles. While Saint may have been born into a life of fame, thanks to his parents and family, he certainly doesn’t deserve to be targeted by unscrupulous outlets. Gossip Cop will continue to separate fact from fiction as necessary. For now, we just wish Saint a happy and rumor-free birthday!