Ryan Seacrest On American Idol Cancellation: It’s Hard To Imagine My Life Without It
Ryan Seacrest has shared his thoughts about the cancellation of “American Idol.” As Gossip Cop previously reported, FOX announced on Monday that the singing competition show will come to an end after its fifteenth and final season in 2016. Seacrest has been the show’s host since it debuted in 2002.
In a statement, Seacrest said, “‘American Idol’ has been a big part of my life for so long. It’s frankly hard to imagine [my life] without it. It’s been a remarkable journey, and I feel very fortunate to have been part of a show that made television history in countless ways. It’s a show about chasing and fulfilling dreams, and truth be told, it helped some of my own dreams come true too.”
Seacrest added, “I’m so glad [the network] is going to give us a season-long send off. The last season will undoubtedly be a special and emotional one, but first I’m looking forward to closing out Season 14. The finale is always my favorite part—two live shows with lots of surprises, and, of course, one winner!”
In addition to his statement, Seacrest also tweeted a picture of himself from the first season of “American Idol” with its winner Kelly Clarkson and runner-up Justin Guarini, along with the caption, “you guys I was 27 when we started idol… just a kid.” Clearly affected by the show’s cancellation, Seacrest later tweeted, “next season will be emotional yes, but next season will be unforgettable… I can’t wait.”
What do you think of the news that “American Idol” is ending after next year, and are you sad to see it go?
you guys I was 27 when we started idol…just a kid pic.twitter.com/iZ3Dvv7m5k
— Ryan Seacrest (@RyanSeacrest) May 11, 2015