Ryan O’Neal: I Was a Bad Parent (VIDEO)
2:56 pm, May 1st, 2012VIDEO
O’Neal says he wrote a new memoir about his life with Fawcett because he missed her after her 2009 death, and the book was a way to “keep the line between us going.”
He appeared to be somewhat uncomfortable with Lauer’s questions about revelations O’Neal himself makes in the book regarding Fawcett’s mood swings, addictions, and insecurities as she aged.
O’Neal doesn’t think he and Fawcett were “bad for each other,” but admits that he was “hard to live with” and that their turbulent relationship had moments of violence and despair.
One particular story — about son Redmond, then 6, grabbing a knife and threatening to stab himself to get O’Neal and Fawcett to stop fighting — is particularly brutal.
When Lauer asks whether his children’s histories of run-ins with the law and substance abuse indicates that he was a “bad parent,” O’Neal solemnly replies, “Looks like it, doesn’t it? Sure looks like it. I suppose I was.”
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game