Ryan O’Neal: I Was a Bad Parent (VIDEO)
2:56 pm, May 1st, 2012VIDEO
O’Neal says he wrote a new memoir about his life with Fawcett because he missed her after her 2009 death, and the book was a way to “keep the line between us going.”
He appeared to be somewhat uncomfortable with Lauer’s questions about revelations O’Neal himself makes in the book regarding Fawcett’s mood swings, addictions, and insecurities as she aged.
O’Neal doesn’t think he and Fawcett were “bad for each other,” but admits that he was “hard to live with” and that their turbulent relationship had moments of violence and despair.
One particular story — about son Redmond, then 6, grabbing a knife and threatening to stab himself to get O’Neal and Fawcett to stop fighting — is particularly brutal.
When Lauer asks whether his children’s histories of run-ins with the law and substance abuse indicates that he was a “bad parent,” O’Neal solemnly replies, “Looks like it, doesn’t it? Sure looks like it. I suppose I was.”
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court