Ryan Murphy: Cory Monteith’s Glee Character Will NOT Die From Overdose
8:43 pm, August 15th, 2013
“At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose — that was something we had considered. But we have decided that we’re not going to have him pass from that,” he shares in a new interview with Deadline.
Murphy continues, “Basically, what we’re doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died. The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very early on in the episode, ‘This episode is about a celebration of that character’s life.’”
The producer acknowledges ”that might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way.”
The show resumed production earlier this month — later than scheduled due to Monteith’s sudden passing in July — and “there’s been tears on set,” says Murphy.
“It’s been hard for a lot of people. But the really difficult thing is coming. We start shooting the memorial episode this week,” he reveals, adding, “But I think it turned out to be a lovely tribute, and it’s a very heartfelt look at how young people grieve.”
Murphy concludes, “We loved Cory and we loved Finn and it feels like a huge loss and a huge heartache not to have either of them. We’re trying to craft an episode that’s not just about us grieving but about a lot of the young fans grieving.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant