Ryan Murphy: Cory Monteith’s Glee Character Will NOT Die From Overdose
8:43 pm, August 15th, 2013
“At one point, we were going to have his character die after an accidental drug overdose — that was something we had considered. But we have decided that we’re not going to have him pass from that,” he shares in a new interview with Deadline.
Murphy continues, “Basically, what we’re doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died. The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very early on in the episode, ‘This episode is about a celebration of that character’s life.’”
The producer acknowledges ”that might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way.”
The show resumed production earlier this month — later than scheduled due to Monteith’s sudden passing in July — and “there’s been tears on set,” says Murphy.
“It’s been hard for a lot of people. But the really difficult thing is coming. We start shooting the memorial episode this week,” he reveals, adding, “But I think it turned out to be a lovely tribute, and it’s a very heartfelt look at how young people grieve.”
Murphy concludes, “We loved Cory and we loved Finn and it feels like a huge loss and a huge heartache not to have either of them. We’re trying to craft an episode that’s not just about us grieving but about a lot of the young fans grieving.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet