Ryan Lochte Update: “Doing OK” And “Looking Ahead” After Protest At ‘Dancing With The Stars’

Truth rating: 10
Ryan Lochte Update protest DWTS

By Michael Lewittes

EXCLUSIVE

Ryan Lochte Update protest DWTS

(ABC)

Ryan Lochte is “doing OK” and looking forward to next week’s competition on “Dancing With The Stars,” Gossip Cop can exclusively report. We’ve been updated by a source close to the Olympian, and told he’s “looking ahead” after being ambushed by protesters on Monday’s show.

As Gossip Cop previously reported, after Lochte and his “Dancing With The Stars” partner Cheryl Burke performed a foxtrot to Michael Buble’s “Call Me Irresponsible,” two men rushed the stage to protest the gold medal swimmer, who caused controversy last month after alleging he was robbed at gunpoint in Rio following his meets at the Olympics. The two protesters, wearing T-shirts that read “Lochte” with a red circle and a slash across his name, were joined by a handful of other objectors in the crowd, who chanted “liar” (video below).

Following the shocking interruption, Lochte told host Tom Bergeron on-camera that he was “hurt” because he came out with a “big smile.” Later, he was quoted telling an entertainment TV show that it felt like someone “took my heart out and tore it to shreds.” Now, after a good night’s sleep, Gossip Cop can exclusively report Lochte is feeling much better. The Olympian tells a mutual friend of his and ours that he’s “doing OK” and is truly “looking ahead” to competing live on next Monday’s “Dancing With The Stars.”

Enter your email address here to receive daily news updates from us.

 


  1. Gossip Cop
  2. Mediaite
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. The Mary Sue