Ryan Gosling: I’m Taking Break from Acting
3:25 pm, March 20th, 2013
Ryan Gosling is set to step back from his busy schedule as a leading man.
In a new interview with the Associated Press, the actor reveals that he plans to take a break.
“I’ve been doing it too much,” Gosling says of acting. “I’ve lost perspective on what I’m doing. I think it’s good for me to take a break and reassess why I’m doing it and how I’m doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that.”
He adds, “I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does.”
But Gosling fans should probably not despair — the actor is set to appear in two films this spring (The Place Beyond the Pines, Only God Forgives) and will soon make his directorial debut with How to Catch a Monster.
“There’s a lot of pressure to be the lead of a film,” he says. “I have done it. It’s not my favorite way to work.”
And while the star may indeed take a brief hiatus from acting, his motivation seems to be a desire to make smart choices as his career escalates.
“The more opportunities I’m given, the more I learn about how easy it is to (expletive) it up,” he tells the AP. “You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It’s like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin