Ryan Gosling: I’m Taking Break from Acting
3:25 pm, March 20th, 2013
Ryan Gosling is set to step back from his busy schedule as a leading man.
In a new interview with the Associated Press, the actor reveals that he plans to take a break.
“I’ve been doing it too much,” Gosling says of acting. “I’ve lost perspective on what I’m doing. I think it’s good for me to take a break and reassess why I’m doing it and how I’m doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that.”
He adds, “I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does.”
But Gosling fans should probably not despair — the actor is set to appear in two films this spring (The Place Beyond the Pines, Only God Forgives) and will soon make his directorial debut with How to Catch a Monster.
“There’s a lot of pressure to be the lead of a film,” he says. “I have done it. It’s not my favorite way to work.”
And while the star may indeed take a brief hiatus from acting, his motivation seems to be a desire to make smart choices as his career escalates.
“The more opportunities I’m given, the more I learn about how easy it is to (expletive) it up,” he tells the AP. “You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It’s like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist