Russell Simmons: I Plan to “Develop” Story of Harriet Tubman After Sex Tape Backlash
6:05 pm, August 17th, 2013
Russell Simmons has a new Harriet Tubman project in mind — and it’s not a sex tape.
Earlier this week, the mogul apologized for and pulled down a controversial comedy video featuring an actress portraying the Underground Railroad icon making a sex video with her “master” in 1851.
The clip had premiered on Simmons’ All Def Digital channel on YouTube.
On Saturday, Simmons took to Twitter to indicate that he may be backing a less comedic, more comprehensive treatment of Tubman in the future.
“I recently moved to hollywood I have began producing lots of content one of the things is a miniseries on Fredrick Douglas,” said Simmons.
He continued, “The last few dayz I have been speaking to some of the direct descendants of Harriet Tubman. (Rita and Geraldine Daniels).”
“They have not only accepted my apology but we agree that we should begin immediately to develop the story of Harriet Tubman,” added Simmons.
He concluded, “God works in mysterious ways. Thank you Rita and Geraldine Daniels You and your great great grandmother are amazing inspiration. #newfriends.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?