Russell Simmons: I Plan to “Develop” Story of Harriet Tubman After Sex Tape Backlash
6:05 pm, August 17th, 2013
Russell Simmons has a new Harriet Tubman project in mind — and it’s not a sex tape.
Earlier this week, the mogul apologized for and pulled down a controversial comedy video featuring an actress portraying the Underground Railroad icon making a sex video with her “master” in 1851.
The clip had premiered on Simmons’ All Def Digital channel on YouTube.
On Saturday, Simmons took to Twitter to indicate that he may be backing a less comedic, more comprehensive treatment of Tubman in the future.
“I recently moved to hollywood I have began producing lots of content one of the things is a miniseries on Fredrick Douglas,” said Simmons.
He continued, “The last few dayz I have been speaking to some of the direct descendants of Harriet Tubman. (Rita and Geraldine Daniels).”
“They have not only accepted my apology but we agree that we should begin immediately to develop the story of Harriet Tubman,” added Simmons.
He concluded, “God works in mysterious ways. Thank you Rita and Geraldine Daniels You and your great great grandmother are amazing inspiration. #newfriends.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?