Russell Crowe Playing Rupert Murdoch in Upcoming Film?
1:43 pm, June 28th, 2012
According to the blogger — who blocks Gossip Cop on Twitter because he’s afraid of our fact-checking ways — “Russell Crowe is in talks to play Rupert Murdoch in a movie, based on the Harold Evans autobiography, “Good Times, Bad Times,” which chronicles the former Sunday Times editor’s relationship with the Australian media tycoon.
Perez then quotes a made-up source saying, “You have to be brave to play someone like Murdoch. Russell can do it.”
That’s a lovely tale, but Crowe is NOT “in talks” to play Murdoch.
In fact, the Oscar-winning actor debunked that false rumor himself days ago on Twitter, writing, “I haven’t been approached by anyone to play Rupert Murdoch.”
Of course, Perez doesn’t let the truth (or timeliness) interfere with his “reporting.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?