Russell Crowe Helped By U.S. Coast Guard After Kayak “Adventure”
10:15 am, September 3rd, 2012
Russell Crowe got lost at sea — sort of — over the Labor Day weekend holiday.
The Oscar-winner went kayaking with a friend on Saturday afternoon off the coast of New York’s Long Island — and needed the assistance of the Coast Guard.
As it got dark, Crowe and his pal paddled for shore — nearly 10 miles from where they began — and began yelling out for help.
U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Robert Swieciki said the Coast Guard, which had been patrolling the area, heard Crowe and his friend’s calls and picked them at around 10 p.m.
Swieciki later downplayed the situation. He said Crowe “needed a little bit of help, he just got a little lost… It wasn’t really a rescue, really, more of just giving someone a lift.”
Crowe took to Twitter on Sunday morning to offer his appreciation to the Coast Guard: “Thanks to Seth and the boys from the US Coast Guard for guiding the way…4 hrs 30 mins, 7m(11.2km).”
On Monday morning he further wrote that they were “not lost,” but simply “ran out of day[light]. Grand adventure.”
Crowe has been on Long Island filming the movie Noah about (ironically) the biblical boater.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Kelly Osbourne's Super Smart Weight Loss Secret
- Is Kris Jenner Finally Ready to Leave Bruce?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction