Russell Crowe “Duels” at Dawn with Gossip Girl
12:28 pm, September 4th, 2009
You’d think with all the stories about him the tabloids have bungled, Russell Crowe would be happy to steer clear of the gossip pages. But after The Daily Telegraph mocked him this week for a fitness regimen of “smokes and fatty foods,” the Oscar winner struck back – by challenging the columnist to a bicycle race through Sydney.
Annette Sharp poked fun at the one-time “Gladiator” in her column after photographs appeared showing the actor mixing cigarettes and snacks into his exercise routine. But the tables turned when Sharp received a call from Crowe’s spokesman, who told the gabber, “Get on your bike. Russell wants you to go riding with him. Are you ready to die?” Sharp agreed, and the two met for a 12-mile race at dawn through the city’s streets. Video shows Sharp struggling to keep pace with Crowe while both make good sport of it.
Gossip Cop likes it when celebrities and the media have a bit of fun with each other. And we suspect the Sydney “duel” might put the brakes on future jokes about Crowe’s waistline.
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'