Russell Brand Says He’s “Quite Well,” Skates Around Katy Perry Questions
6:05 pm, January 15th, 2012
While discussing his show, currently titled “Strangely Uplifting,” Brand was asked how he’s doing.
“Quite well, thank you,” he replied.
But Brand wasn’t done.
“Are you asking because of recent events?” wondered the comedian. “You are making the mistake of seeing time as linear. The brilliant American author Kurt Vonnegut, he’ll tell you that if you imagine reality as experienced simultaneously, events become redundant.”
As far as whether his new show will contain autobiographical discussions, Brand remained philosophical.
“I don’t want to further celebrate the overly elaborate, brittle plastic structures of nonsense that are constantly fired into our minds to distract us from what’s really important,” explained the comedian.
He continued, “So if I’d done something newsworthy… I’d cover it. But if it was just more lacquered nonsense, designed to distract us from truth, then I would wisely ignore it.”
We’ll take that to mean that fallout from his split with Perry will not be a major point of discussion on the show.
“Strangely Uplifting” will premiere this spring, although no date has been set.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!