Russell Brand Slams British GQ “Men of the Year” Awards In Lengthy Op-Ed
7:07 pm, September 13th, 2013
Now, the comedian is giving his side of the story in a smart, candid piece on The Guardian.
The Forgetting Sarah Marshall star begins by slamming the party — and Hollywood functions of the same nature — writing, “In case you don’t know these parties aren’t like real parties. It’s fabricated fun, imposed from the outside. A vision of what squares imagine cool people might do set on a spaceship.”
After he cracked his Nazi joke, the star says the night took a “peculiar turn,” offering, “It had the vibe of a wedding dinner where the best man’s speech had revealed the groom’s infidelity. With Hitler.”
The comic goes on to sum up Hollywood functions in general, saying, “The glamour and the glitz isn’t real, the party isn’t real, you have a much better time mucking around trying to make your mates laugh.”
“When you take a breath and look away from the spectacle it’s amazing how absurd it seems when you look back,” Brand adds.
Check out video of Brand’s joke, and tell us what you think of his piece.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?