Russell Brand Appears Before Parliament, Promotes “Compassion” for Drug Addicts
11:33 am, April 24th, 2012VIDEO
Russell Brand appeared before members of British Parliament on Tuesday to discuss drug addiction and to recommend polices that emphasize treatment over strict criminalization.
The actor-comedian, who’s been open in the past about his battles with substance abuse, stressed a program of “love and compassion” for addicts, arguing that health-focused education and treatment would do more to lower crime and aid society than draconian judicial enforcement.
Brand contended that the law doesn’t necessarily matter to drug addicts, but that getting to the root of their dependency would solve long-term problems.
He’s something of an expert on the matter, having beaten a heroin habit that contributed to 12 arrests over the years.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet