Russell Brand Appears Before Parliament, Promotes “Compassion” for Drug Addicts
11:33 am, April 24th, 2012VIDEO
Russell Brand appeared before members of British Parliament on Tuesday to discuss drug addiction and to recommend polices that emphasize treatment over strict criminalization.
The actor-comedian, who’s been open in the past about his battles with substance abuse, stressed a program of “love and compassion” for addicts, arguing that health-focused education and treatment would do more to lower crime and aid society than draconian judicial enforcement.
Brand contended that the law doesn’t necessarily matter to drug addicts, but that getting to the root of their dependency would solve long-term problems.
He’s something of an expert on the matter, having beaten a heroin habit that contributed to 12 arrests over the years.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?