Russell Brand Reportedly Makes Deal to Avoid Jail for Paparazzo Cell Phone Attack
12:53 pm, July 26th, 2012
Russell Brand has reportedly made a deal to avoid jail after destroying a paparazzo’s cell phone during a confrontation in New Orleans last March.
The actor and comedian entered a “not guilty” plea via his attorney on Thursday after having worked out an agreement by which Brand pays $500 in court fees and performs 20 hours of community service by the end of August, according to TMZ.
If convicted, Brand could have faced up to six months behind bars.
It wasn’t his first run-in with paparazzi.
Back in 2010, he tangled with a photog at LAX airport after the man attempted to shoot up his then-fiancee Katy Perry’s skirt.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew