Russell Brand: I’ve Been Banned From Entering South Africa (PHOTOS)
7:05 pm, November 15th, 2013VIDEO
Russell Brand has been denied entry into South Africa.
The actor, comedian and provocateur had been scheduled to perform four sold-out shows in Johannesburg as part of his “Messiash Complex Tour.”
But Brand tweeted on Friday, “Banned from South Africa. Here ready to go. Refused entry. Hope I can come soon,” and posted the photo at right.
He added, “Got to the airport, refused to let me board.”
A fan later cheekily pointed out that Brand has seemingly been banned from a number of locations and events, showcasing the Google auto-predictions that pop up when you type in “russell brand banned from.”
“I might have to start taking responsibility,” replied the British star (see below).
Another follower speculated that the South African ban could have to do with his NSFW joke video, “African Child” (also below).
Quipped Brand in reply, “It must be because African Child. It was a terrible record.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court