Russell Brand Arrested For Felony in New Orleans for Cell Phone Attack
5:18 pm, March 15th, 2012UPDATE
Russell Brand has been arrested on a felony charge after wrestling away a paparazzo’s cell phone and throwing it through a nearby window on Monday, Gossip Cop has confirmed with the New Orleans Police.
The comedian, who turned himself in, was booked on Thursday afternoon and released shortly after, says the Sheriff’s Office.
Earlier Thursday, an arrest warrant had been issued for Brand, who’s been charged with “simple criminal damage” in the amount of $700.
Property damage in Louisiana that exceeds $500 is considered a felony.
Brand is currently in New Orleans to film a movie.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend