Rupert Murdoch to Pay Jude Law $200,000 in Phone Hacking Settlement
10:49 am, January 19th, 2012
The judgment was announced on Thursday.
Other claimants receiving payment include Law’s ex-wife Sadie Frost, government officials, and high-profile athletes.
News Group Newspapers, which owned the now-closed News of the World tab in Britain, admitted that it published 16 articles about Law between 2003 and 2006 that used information obtained by hacking phones.
In a statement, the actor noted that Murdoch’s company was “prepared to do anything to sell their newspapers and to make money, irrespective of the impact it had on people’s lives.”
Law added, “For me this case was never about money. It was about standing up for myself and finding out what had happened.”
His onetime girlfriend, Sienna Miller, previously received a settlement from Murdoch and gave testimony last November in which she described feeling “violated” and “paranoid” due to the tabloids’ practices.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution