Rumor: Will Ferrell Wants to Play Simon Cowell in Movie
1:30 pm, December 2nd, 2009
That’s right. According to The Sun, in a story picked up EVERYWHERE - which is a good excuse to drop lines from “Anchorman” – Ferrell is quoted as saying, “I would love to play Simon Cowell in a movie – heck I would love it. It would be my dream role.”
The funnyman goes on to explain that it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to play the blowhard “American Idol” and “X Factor” judge since he sees in Cowell “a lot of Ron Burgundy,” referring to the 1970s TV newsman he perfected in “Anchorman.” “They are like long-lost twin brothers separated at birth,” Ferrell says of the two television titans, adding, “Simon Cowell and Ron Burgundy are pretty much the same role, apart from Simon being ruder.”
It’s a funny thought. But just like Ferrell’s supposed desire to open a British pub, it should NOT be taken seriously. Ferrell was just joking around. His representative tells Gossip Cop any real discussion of Ferrell donning a too-tight black t-shirt and Cowell’s scowl on the silver screen is “false.”
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?