Royal Baby – Best and Worst Late Night Jokes (VIDEO)
11:25 am, July 23rd, 2013VIDEO
The Royal Baby got the Late Night treatment just hours after his birth on Monday, with hosts such as Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert and David Letterman poking fun of the media coverage of Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new son.
Fallon opened “Late Night” by saying, “Did you guys hear? It finally happened! Kate Middleton gave birth to a baby boy today! Yep, the baby weighed about eight pounds, then Americans were like, ‘How much is that in dollars?’”
The comedian joked, “That’s right, Kate Middleton went into labor this morning in London. When the rest of the Royal Family heard, they were like, ‘Oh my God — what’s ‘labor’?’”
On “The Colbert Report,” Stephen Colbert quipped, “Folks, with all the depressing stories out there that I have to report night after night, it is refreshing once in a while to be able to tell you the uplifting story that the idle rich can procreate.”
Meanwhile, Letterman remarked on the “Late Show,” “Congratulations to Kate Middleton and Prince William. They’re the proud parents of a brand new baby boy. This really is big, big news. I mean, if the year was 1250, then it would be big news.”
Jay Leno told the “Tonight Show” crowd, “Can you believe the media coverage? You’d think it was Kim Kardashian and Kanye West having the kid. It was unbelievable.”
Watch a roundup of all the jokes below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank