‘Girl Meets World’ Casts Rowan Blanchard As Cory & Topanga’s Child Riley Matthews
12:48 pm, January 29th, 2013
The 11-year-old, who has appeared in Spy Kids: All the Time in World in 4D and The Back-up Plan, landed the title role of Riley Matthews after a nationwide casting search.
Savage excitedly announced the news on Twitter, writing, “I have a beautiful, new daughter. Welcome to the family @rowblanchard! #GirlMeetsWorld.”
“Boy Meets World” creator Michael Jacobs, who is behind the new project, told Entertainment Weekly, “As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews.”
Jacobs added, “Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well.”
As Gossip Cop reported, the new Disney Channel show revolves around the preteen daughter of Cory and Topanga more than a decade after the conclusion of the original show.
The pilot for “Girl Meets World” is set to begin shooting next month.
Are you looking forward to the spinoff?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court