‘Girl Meets World’ Casts Rowan Blanchard As Cory & Topanga’s Child Riley Matthews
12:48 pm, January 29th, 2013
The 11-year-old, who has appeared in Spy Kids: All the Time in World in 4D and The Back-up Plan, landed the title role of Riley Matthews after a nationwide casting search.
Savage excitedly announced the news on Twitter, writing, “I have a beautiful, new daughter. Welcome to the family @rowblanchard! #GirlMeetsWorld.”
“Boy Meets World” creator Michael Jacobs, who is behind the new project, told Entertainment Weekly, “As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews.”
Jacobs added, “Rowan is real and accessible and I am hopeful this girl is about to meet a world that will love growing up with her as well.”
As Gossip Cop reported, the new Disney Channel show revolves around the preteen daughter of Cory and Topanga more than a decade after the conclusion of the original show.
The pilot for “Girl Meets World” is set to begin shooting next month.
Are you looking forward to the spinoff?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Alec Baldwin's Daughter Ireland Shows Off Bikini Bod
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller