Rosie O’Donnell: I Had Weight Loss Surgery
6:26 pm, February 14th, 2014
Rosie O’Donnell has revealed that she had weight loss surgery.
The comedian and TV personality underwent the vertical gastric sleeve surgery procedure in July 2013, subsequently dropping 40 pounds.
O’Donnell went public with the news at Friday’s Go Red for Women Luncheon in Detroit.
After suffering a heart attack in 2012, O’Donnell began to change her lifestyle, dieting and exercising in accordance with her doctor’s orders.
But when she was still struggling with her weight (and related health issues) after approximately a year, the star opted to have the surgery.
“I did it to save my life,” she says.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired