OWN Cancels The Rosie Show
8:02 pm, March 16th, 2012
Rosie O’Donnell‘s OWN talk show has been canceled after one season.
The network announced late Friday that “The Rosie Show,” which premiered just five months ago, will air its final episode on March 30.
Says O’Donnell in a statement, “I loved working with Oprah in the amazing city of Chicago. I was welcomed with open arms and will never forget the kindness of all I encountered.”
“It was a great year for me – I wish the show was able to attract more viewers – but it did not,” she adds. “So I am headed back to my home in New York – with gratitude. On we go!”
In her own statement, Oprah says she thanks “Rosie from the bottom of my heart for joining me on this journey,” adding that the actress-comedienne “has been an incredible partner, working to deliver the best possible show every single day.”
Oprah continues, “As I have learned in the last 15 months, a new network launch is always a challenge and ratings grow over time as you continue to gather an audience. I’m grateful to Rosie and the dedicated Rosie Show team for giving it their all.”
What do you think of “The Rosie Show” cancellation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years