Rosie O’Donnell: I Had A Heart Attack
4:46 pm, August 20th, 2012
Rosie O’Donnell had a heart attack last week, she revealed on Monday.
The comedian and TV personality describes her ordeal in a new blog post, saying she’s “lucky” to be alive.
Last Tuesday, O’Donnell felt an ache in her chest and became nauseous, Googled women’s heart attack symptoms and realized she “had many of them.”
She immediately took Bayer aspirin, saying, “Thank god/saved by a tv commercial/literally.”
The 50-year-old went to a cardiologist for an EKG the following day, was hospitalized and had a stent put in to treat a “99% blocked” left anterior descending coronary artery.
O’Donnell says it was a “miracle” the attack wasn’t fatal and urged women to “know the symptoms.”
She’s now recovering at home.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Is This Miley Cyrus' Worst Look Yet?
- 29 Celebrities With Porn Star Doppelgangers
- It's Official- Kerry Washington Is Pregnant!
- Sexy Celebs Who've Spun On The Stripper Pole
- Hilarious Celebrity Tweets
- Jada And Willow Smith's Beach Vacation