Roseanne Barr Announces: “I Am Running For President” [VIDEO]
10:06 am, August 5th, 2011VIDEO
The former sitcom star, who was showered in red, white, and blue confetti, claimed, “I’m totally serious.”
She explained to Leno, “I want to be part of the debates, because I want to represent the tax payers, and in fact, I’m choosing the tax payers as my vice president.”
The talk show host even had bumper stickers and buttons made up for presidential run.
When asked whether Sarah Palin influenced her decision, Barr quipped, “It’s because of her that I decided to do a reality show,” and then noted, “That’s kinda what got me to thinking that I too should run for president… if she can.”
Barr stated she’s not running as a Republican or a Democrat.
“I’m not for either party ’cause they both suck and they’re both a bunch of criminals,” said Barr, adding, “So I made up my own party. It’s America’s Green Tea Party.”
Of course, like Donald Trump, who floated a possible presidential bid, which resulted in a ratings boost for “Celebrity Apprentice,” Barr is trying to lift the numbers of her new show, “Roseanne’s Nuts,” which follows her as she runs a nut farm in Hawaii.
Check out the video below of Barr’s presidential announcement and platform, and share your thoughts.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Hayley Williams Greets Fans In Great Graphics
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Amber Rose Had To Skip Natural Birth