Roseanne Barr Seeking Green Party Nomination For U.S. Presidency
9:30 pm, February 2nd, 2012
The former sitcom star has filed paperwork with the Green Party to be the group’s candidate in the 2012 election.
The Green Party, which would still have to declare Barr as its nominee, will select its candidate during its July convention.
“The Democrats and Republicans have proven that they are servants — bought and paid for by the 1% — who are not doing what’s in the best interest of the American people,” the actress said in a statement.
Barr elaborated on Twitter, sharing some of the tenets of her platform and acknowledging “it will be a tough fight.”
“We (the greens) only have a 99% chance to win this election,” she added.
Would you vote for Barr in the presidential election?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party