Roseanne Barr Seeking Green Party Nomination For U.S. Presidency
9:30 pm, February 2nd, 2012
The former sitcom star has filed paperwork with the Green Party to be the group’s candidate in the 2012 election.
The Green Party, which would still have to declare Barr as its nominee, will select its candidate during its July convention.
“The Democrats and Republicans have proven that they are servants — bought and paid for by the 1% — who are not doing what’s in the best interest of the American people,” the actress said in a statement.
Barr elaborated on Twitter, sharing some of the tenets of her platform and acknowledging “it will be a tough fight.”
“We (the greens) only have a 99% chance to win this election,” she added.
Would you vote for Barr in the presidential election?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties