Roseanne Barr Seeking Green Party Nomination For U.S. Presidency
9:30 pm, February 2nd, 2012
The former sitcom star has filed paperwork with the Green Party to be the group’s candidate in the 2012 election.
The Green Party, which would still have to declare Barr as its nominee, will select its candidate during its July convention.
“The Democrats and Republicans have proven that they are servants — bought and paid for by the 1% — who are not doing what’s in the best interest of the American people,” the actress said in a statement.
Barr elaborated on Twitter, sharing some of the tenets of her platform and acknowledging “it will be a tough fight.”
“We (the greens) only have a 99% chance to win this election,” she added.
Would you vote for Barr in the presidential election?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'