Roseanne Barr Wins Peace and Freedom Party’s Nomination for Presidential Election
2:34 pm, August 5th, 2012
Roseanne Barr is officially a nominee for the President of the United States.
The comedienne was selected Saturday to run in November’s election on behalf of the Peace and Freedom Party, with anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan as her vice-presidential running mate.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Barr filed paperwork in February to be the Green Party‘s presidential candidate, but at the group’s convention last month, she ultimately did not score the nod.
Yesterday, however, at the Peace and Freedom Party’s convention in Los Angeles, Barr successfully made her case as to why she should be America’s next President.
“Cindy and I are the ‘Throw the Bums Out’ ticket and the ‘Ballot Access’ ticket,” the former sitcom star said before the vote.
She continued, “The American people are sick and tired of this ‘lesser evil’ garbage they get fed every election year. Both the Democrats and the Republicans do the same evils once they’re in office.”
Though Barr and Sheehan likely won’t appear on ballots in every state, she urged the public to look beyond the major parties.
“I’m here to tell the voters: if you want to tell the government and the two domineering parties that you’re sick and tired of all their evil, register in the Peace and Freedom Party and vote for me and Cindy,” she said according to CNN.
Would you consider voting for Barr and Sheehan?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention