Ronnie Ortiz of “Jersey Shore” to Avoid Trial for Televised Assault
6:45 pm, July 11th, 2011
MTV cameras captured the incident, which became part of the hit series’ first season.
If convicted of aggravated assault, Ortiz could have faced a potential prison term of up to five years.
But today, the “Jersey Shore” star was admitted into a pretrial intervention program for which he neither had to admit or deny guilty, and could result in the charges against him being dropped if he steers clear of trouble for a designated amount of time.
While appearing in New Jersey Superior Court before Judge Stephanie Wauters, who put Ortiz in the intervention program for 18 months, the reality star agreed to do community service.
If Ortiz successfully completes the intervention program, his assault charge will be dismissed — and he won’t have a criminal record.
Izzo still has a civil suit against Ortiz.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin