Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, Alleged Manti Te’o Hoax Perpetrator, Tried Out For ‘The Voice’
10:11 am, January 18th, 2013
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the man allegedly behind the shocking, headlines-dominating hoax involving star Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o and a fake dead girlfriend, auditioned for “The Voice” with another elaborate, possibly phony sob story.
While details of the surreal Te’o saga are still being determined, Tuiasosopo has been implicated as the likely mastermind behind “Lennay Kekua,” the nonexistent woman whose tragic faux death Te’o used as an inspiration during his season and Heisman Trophy campaign.
Whether Te’o was fully or partially complicit in the hoax is unclear, but a “Voice” insider tells Gossip Cop that Tuiasosopo recently tried out for the upcoming season of the singing competition show.
Us Weekly reports that Tuiasosopo gave producers a heart-wrenching tale about an alleged accident, in which he and his cousins had supposedly started a Christian band together and were going to perform at a youth conference in Nevada when they were involved in a “massive” freeway crash that purportedly almost left one of them brain-dead.
An insider is quoted as telling the magazine, “He had this insane sob story before [he sang]. It would make for great TV.”
But when Tuiasosopo reportedly performed Matisyahu’s “One Day” for Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, and new judges Usher and Shakira, “The Voice” panel was said to be unimpressed and did not pass him through to the show.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids