Rolling Stones Retiring After 2013 Glastonbury Festival?
1:08 pm, June 18th, 2012
“The Rolling Stones are set to bow out in sensational style… with a farewell gig at Glastonbury next year,” claims The Mirror.
According to the UK tab, “Sources close to the band indicate that the appearance is expected to be the final date in a ‘handful’ of shows in Britain and America in 2013 – which they see as their true 50th anniversary – before they finally retire from the live arena.”
“All four members have agreed that next year is the right time to have one final hurrah and put on the gig of their lives,” alleges a so-called “insider,” who adds that “it’s a case of now or never.”
“And obviously Glastonbury is the most important festival on the circuit,” the supposed source continues. “Everybody’s incredibly excited… it’s a final bow.”
Gossip Cop busted almost the exact same rumor back in 2010, when the equally unreliable British paper The Sun reported the music group was going to “call it a day” after a final tour timed to their 50th anniversary.
The claim was wrong then – and it’s STILL wrong now.
A rep for the Rolling Stones tells Gossip Cop that it’s “not true” the band is planning a farewell Glastonbury show.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting