The Rolling Stones Heading Back to Studio, Gearing Up for 2013 Tour
9:59 am, April 10th, 2012
The Rolling Stones are heading back to the studio.
At a Monday press conference for his “Faces, Time and Places” art exhibit, the legendary group’s guitarist Ronnie Wood revealed that the Stones plan to meet later this month to “just throw some ideas around.”
Wood also acknowledged the band’s plans to gear up for a 50th anniversary tour in 2013.
“It’s like working out for the Olympics or something,” said the rocker. “You’ve got to go into training. So we’re going to go into training.”
A rep for the band tells Gossip Cop they are “aware of no plans to go into the studio to record,” but did not rule out the possibility.
The bandmates first started in 1962, but consider drummer Charlie Watts’ arrival the following year as the “real” beginning of their 50-year run.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank