Rolling Stones Play Surprise Saturday Concert in L.A. (VIDEO)
3:42 pm, April 28th, 2013VIDEO
The Rolling Stones played a surprise performance on Saturday night in a small Los Angeles club.
The legendary rock band performed a 90-minute set at a joint called Echoplex, a week before their “50 and Counting” anniversary tour hits the much larger Staples Center on May 3.
The band played a number of old and new songs, as well as some covers.
After performing “Respectable,” Mick Jagger joked to the audience of 700, including Bruce Willis and Gwen Stefani, “I’m glad you’re here to welcome an up-and-coming band.”
Cameras and phones were not allowed at the concert, which sold tickets for just $20 earlier in the day.
At the end of the show, Jagger said, “It’s the first show of the tour, probably the best one.”
Check out the video below from the surprise concert.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z