Robin Williams Victim of Death Hoax
7:02 pm, February 1st, 2013
Robin Williams is the latest star to be the victim of a celebrity death hoax.
On Friday, the very unfunny Gobal Associated News claimed the actor “died while filming a movie in Kitzbühel, Austria early this morning.”
The pranksters went on to add, “Preliminary reports from Austrian Police officials indicate that the actor fell more than 50 feet to his death in a remote area of the Hahnenkamm mountains while on-set during the filming of a movie.”
It is NOT TRUE.
Williams took to Twitter Friday night to confirm he’s very much still alive.
“Despite rumors to the contrary, I will be in Savannah tomorrow night at the Johnny Mercer Theater,” he wrote.
These awful hoaxes have got to stop.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin