Robin Williams Victim of Death Hoax
7:02 pm, February 1st, 2013
Robin Williams is the latest star to be the victim of a celebrity death hoax.
On Friday, the very unfunny Gobal Associated News claimed the actor “died while filming a movie in Kitzbühel, Austria early this morning.”
The pranksters went on to add, “Preliminary reports from Austrian Police officials indicate that the actor fell more than 50 feet to his death in a remote area of the Hahnenkamm mountains while on-set during the filming of a movie.”
It is NOT TRUE.
Williams took to Twitter Friday night to confirm he’s very much still alive.
“Despite rumors to the contrary, I will be in Savannah tomorrow night at the Johnny Mercer Theater,” he wrote.
These awful hoaxes have got to stop.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank