Robin Roberts Gives Positive Update on Treatment: My Blood Counts Are Great!
3:25 pm, October 4th, 2012
Robin Roberts has some good news!
Roberts wrote, “I have been in the hospital 25 days now. My bone marrow transplant took place exactly two weeks ago. The only numbers that matter are my blood counts and they are… GREAT!”
Including a photo of her colleagues Josh Elliott and Sam Champion’s latest visit (above), Roberts explains that her donor sister Sally-Ann’s stem cells “feel right at home in my body — an answer to so many prayers.”
“My doctors and rock star nurses are very pleased with my progress and I could not be more thankful for the excellent care I am receiving,” wrote Roberts.
She added, “I continue to learn so much on this journey, especially when it comes to true friendship and love. My friends near and far — like Sam and Josh who came to visit yesterday — have been lifting my spirits.”
Roberts continued, “My childhood pastor (who delivered Momma’s eulogy) is coming from down South to see me tomorrow. I am hopeful that I MAY be well enough to continue my recovery at home next week and my sisters plan to come back to NYC for that milestone in my journey.”
“I truly FEEL and thank you for your love, prayers and good wishes,” added the newswoman. “And I return it to you tenfold. Light Love Power Presence. XO.”
Here’s hoping Roberts’ treatment continues on this positive trend.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired