Robin Roberts Returns to Good Morning America After Bone Marrow Transplant
9:00 am, February 20th, 2013VIDEO
It all kicked off with Roberts looking into the camera and saying, “Hi, it’s Robin. I’ve been waiting 174 days to do this: Good Morning America!”
The beloved TV anchor, with her hair still short from her treatment, was feted by her colleagues and celebrities, and received a special message from President Obama and the First Lady.
“I keep pinching myself and I realize that this is real,” said Roberts. “This is actually happening.”
She added, “Faith, family and friends have brought me to this moment and I am so full of gratitude.”
The journalist, who had already faced a harrowing battle with breast cancer in 2007, announced last month that she would be able to return to “GMA” sooner than expected.
Roberts will be back on the morning show part-time until she is able to fully resume her old schedule.
Check out Roberts’ big return below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet