Robin Roberts Returns to Good Morning America After Bone Marrow Transplant
9:00 am, February 20th, 2013VIDEO
It all kicked off with Roberts looking into the camera and saying, “Hi, it’s Robin. I’ve been waiting 174 days to do this: Good Morning America!”
The beloved TV anchor, with her hair still short from her treatment, was feted by her colleagues and celebrities, and received a special message from President Obama and the First Lady.
“I keep pinching myself and I realize that this is real,” said Roberts. “This is actually happening.”
She added, “Faith, family and friends have brought me to this moment and I am so full of gratitude.”
The journalist, who had already faced a harrowing battle with breast cancer in 2007, announced last month that she would be able to return to “GMA” sooner than expected.
Roberts will be back on the morning show part-time until she is able to fully resume her old schedule.
Check out Roberts’ big return below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?