Robin Roberts Reveals She Has MDS Blood Disorder, Needs Bone Marrow Transplant
9:40 am, June 11th, 2012VIDEO
“Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts announced on Monday’s show that she has MDS, a rare blood disorder that will necessitate a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts made the serious announcement at the end of the broadcast, surrounded by her “GMA” colleagues and in front of her sister, who will be donating her marrow.
“I am going to beat this,” said the “Good Morning America” veteran, who successfully battled breast cancer five years ago.
Roberts became understandably emotional during the segment, but mostly showed the strength and grace for which she’s become known — on and off-camera.
Gossip Cop wishes Roberts well as she takes on her new health challenge.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?