Robin Roberts Reveals She Has MDS Blood Disorder, Needs Bone Marrow Transplant
9:40 am, June 11th, 2012VIDEO
“Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts announced on Monday’s show that she has MDS, a rare blood disorder that will necessitate a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts made the serious announcement at the end of the broadcast, surrounded by her “GMA” colleagues and in front of her sister, who will be donating her marrow.
“I am going to beat this,” said the “Good Morning America” veteran, who successfully battled breast cancer five years ago.
Roberts became understandably emotional during the segment, but mostly showed the strength and grace for which she’s become known — on and off-camera.
Gossip Cop wishes Roberts well as she takes on her new health challenge.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents