Robin Roberts Reveals She Has MDS Blood Disorder, Needs Bone Marrow Transplant
9:40 am, June 11th, 2012VIDEO
“Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts announced on Monday’s show that she has MDS, a rare blood disorder that will necessitate a bone marrow transplant.
Roberts made the serious announcement at the end of the broadcast, surrounded by her “GMA” colleagues and in front of her sister, who will be donating her marrow.
“I am going to beat this,” said the “Good Morning America” veteran, who successfully battled breast cancer five years ago.
Roberts became understandably emotional during the segment, but mostly showed the strength and grace for which she’s become known — on and off-camera.
Gossip Cop wishes Roberts well as she takes on her new health challenge.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting