Robin Roberts Leaves GMA Early For Medical Treatment, Big Names to Fill In
9:57 am, August 30th, 2012VIDEO
Her departure came a day before expected, as Roberts will first fly to Mississippi to attend to her ailing mother and family in the hurricane zone.
“I’m having to move up my schedule,” explained Roberts, saying, “Some things happened at home.”
During her extended absence, Roberts’ seat will be taken by fill-in hosts including Oprah Winfrey, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, Kelly Ripa, Chris Rock and other “surprise guests.”
Toward the end of the broadcast, the “GMA” staff gathered around a grateful Roberts in to show their support.
“I take you with me in my heart,” said the co-host, before declaring, “I will be back, so you know!” to cheers.
Check out the video of Roberts’ send-off below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin