Robin Roberts Tears Up While Accepting ESPYs Arthur Ashe Award for Courage
6:17 am, July 18th, 2013VIDEO
Robin Roberts was honored at Wednesday’s ESPY Awards with the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.
LeBron James paid tribute to the “Good Morning America” anchor, who bravely underwent a bone marrow transplant last fall, and First Lady Michelle Obama feted the journalist via video.
In her acceptance speech, Roberts — a former ESPN sportscaster — spoke about how grateful she is for the support she’s received, lauded her sister for being her stem cell donor, and became emotional as she encouraged others to get tested.
Check out the moving video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails