Robin Roberts Tears Up While Accepting ESPYs Arthur Ashe Award for Courage
6:17 am, July 18th, 2013VIDEO
Robin Roberts was honored at Wednesday’s ESPY Awards with the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.
LeBron James paid tribute to the “Good Morning America” anchor, who bravely underwent a bone marrow transplant last fall, and First Lady Michelle Obama feted the journalist via video.
In her acceptance speech, Roberts — a former ESPN sportscaster — spoke about how grateful she is for the support she’s received, lauded her sister for being her stem cell donor, and became emotional as she encouraged others to get tested.
Check out the moving video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles