Robert Pattinson’s Simon Cowell “Record Deal” Isn’t Real
5:36 pm, January 23rd, 2010
Today came a story (picked up everywhere) claiming Cowell has approached Pattinson “to sign a major record deal,” and that Pattinson “can basically write his own cheque.” What’s more, The Sun insists, Cowell’s offer has triggered a bidding war among record labels for Pattinson’s musical talents.
“Twilight fans are such an excitable bunch I’m wary of even letting this out the bag for fear of the hysteria it will unleash,” the item’s author begins, immediately before stirring the pot with no word from Pattinson’s side or Cowell’s. In fact, the only “source” who does speak supplies the story with an easy exit, saying, “Robert is reluctant to be turned into a pop star… He is a bit wary of signing up with Cowell who is, of course, associated with X Factor and pop.”
Gossip Cop is “a bit wary” of the entire premise. While it’s true that Pattinson enjoys playing music – and that Cowell’s partner Simon Fuller is involved in Pattinson’s upcoming Bel Ami project – the actor’s focused on a skyrocketing film career. No one whom Gossip Cop asked about the Cowell rumors said anything to the contrary. So while it’s certainly possible Pattinson could one day put out a record, claims that talks with the X Factor impresario are happening and a deal imminent are off base.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet