Robert Pattinson Devastated He Didn’t Get Fifty Shades of Grey Role?
9:07 am, September 5th, 2013
The magazine, which bogusly claimed the actor was being recruited for Scientology by Kirstie Alley, now claims Pattinson was “very disappointed” when he learned Charlie Hunnam scored the role over him.
A so-called “insider” tells the tab, “Rob was dying to play the iconic ‘Fifty Shades’ hero, Christian,” but studio execs supposedly “feel Rob’s much too closely identified with the ‘Twilight’ movies.”
Well if that was really the case, how has Pattinson’s career survived the end of the Twilight franchise?
Anyway, the purported “source” goes on to allege that Pattinson is now “angrily telling pals it’s one thing to lose this plum role to an established star, like, say, Channing Tatum, but to lose it to some unknown actor is downright insulting.”
No, it’s this story that’s insulting.
While some say Pattinson may have been wanted for the part, there has been absolutely zero evidence to suggest that the actor was interested in joining the film.
Moreover, the Hollywood Reporter says that Ryan Gosling was actually the top choice for the role, and has published a number of other names that were being considered — but the magazine made no mention of Pattinson.
In any case Gossip Cop checked in with a source close to the actor, who tells us the tab’s story is “untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss