Robert Pattinson Devastated He Didn’t Get Fifty Shades of Grey Role?
9:07 am, September 5th, 2013
The magazine, which bogusly claimed the actor was being recruited for Scientology by Kirstie Alley, now claims Pattinson was “very disappointed” when he learned Charlie Hunnam scored the role over him.
A so-called “insider” tells the tab, “Rob was dying to play the iconic ‘Fifty Shades’ hero, Christian,” but studio execs supposedly “feel Rob’s much too closely identified with the ‘Twilight’ movies.”
Well if that was really the case, how has Pattinson’s career survived the end of the Twilight franchise?
Anyway, the purported “source” goes on to allege that Pattinson is now “angrily telling pals it’s one thing to lose this plum role to an established star, like, say, Channing Tatum, but to lose it to some unknown actor is downright insulting.”
No, it’s this story that’s insulting.
While some say Pattinson may have been wanted for the part, there has been absolutely zero evidence to suggest that the actor was interested in joining the film.
Moreover, the Hollywood Reporter says that Ryan Gosling was actually the top choice for the role, and has published a number of other names that were being considered — but the magazine made no mention of Pattinson.
In any case Gossip Cop checked in with a source close to the actor, who tells us the tab’s story is “untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Did Eminem Watch Daughter Get Crowned Homecoming Queen?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Miley Cyrus Is Still Sticking To Feminist Claim
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Gwyneth Paltrow Forces Kids To Speak Only Spanish?
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?