Robert Pattinson: The Tabloid Industry is “Terrible” and “Makes People Stupid”
1:19 pm, August 17th, 2012
The actor, who has recently endured even more rumors than usual — since Kristen Stewart publicly admitted to straying with Rupert Sanders — opened up about the impossible struggle big stars face with the tabs.
Pattinson said, “Media culture is a monstrous thing,” explaining, “You can’t win.”
“The annoying thing is that you can’t attack them, but you can’t defend yourself. The best thing you could possibly do is punch a paparazzi and give them their big payday,” admitted the Twilight star.
Later during the forum, Pattinson talked about the vapidness of tabloids, and what he views as their negative effect on the world.
He said, ”The tabloid industry does terrible, terrible things for the world. It makes people stupid.”
“People say [tabloids] are about escapism, and people have got to get away from the misery of the world. It’s like, ‘No, people are lazy, and they don’t want to try.’”
Pattinson added, “Every time I’ve looked at a magazine like that, I’ve regretted it. I gain absolutely nothing from it. And neither does anyone else.”
What do you think about Pattinson’s take on the tabloid media?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet