Robert Pattinson Spider-Man Rumors Still Wrong
11:41 am, January 14th, 2010
Here we go again.
You’ll recall that the story started as an April Fool’s prank later dusted off and published (without context) by the Oh No They Didn’t community. Gossip Cop busted the site and the speculation.
Just a few days ago, though, Sony announced that it would reboot the Spider-Man franchise, letting Maguire and director Sam Raimi go. And once it became clear that there will (eventually) be a new actor in the lead role, blogs anointed Pattinson. Buzz bubbled all the way up to the granddaddy of all cut-and-pasters, Perez Hilton, who trumpets rumors without checking them out.
Gossip Cop needs to step in.
Yes, there will now be a new Spider-Man, but Robert Pattinson is NOT set to take the part.
Pattinson is committed to a busy upcoming slate that includes Bel Ami, Unbound Captives, and a potential Breaking Dawn production. He’s been wrongly linked to projects ranging from X-Men to Yellow Submarine. The Spidey rumor is no more real.
We’ve spoken with sources close to the studio, which now needs to devise a new identity for the franchise, a new timetable, and a new script. Casting is not yet on the radar.
Any outlet stirring Pattinson into the mix does so with zero factual basis.
Gossip Cop will monitor all “Spider-Man” developments.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for more!
Visit GossipCop.com for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014